- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 U green pepper, sliced
- 6 U garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 20 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 U sprigs thyme
- salt and pepper
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned. Push to one side of the pan or remove and rest on a plate.
Add the olive oil, onion, green, pepper, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes until garlic is fragrant. Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and thyme. Bring to a simmer. Nestle the chicken in this sauce and cover.
Cook at a low simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.