Slow Cooker 40 Garlic Chicken
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 U onion, chopped
- 2 U leeks, chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 40 U cloves garlic, peeled ( I used 3 heads of garlic and lost count)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 1 U bay leaf
Saute the leeks with cooking spray for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften. Set aside.
Cover the bottom of the crock pot with about 1/2 of the chopped onions. Then add in the chicken and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir the chicken, spices, and onion together with your hands until everything is well coated.
Add the remaining onions, leeks, and garlic to the crockpot and mix so they are in and around the chicken. Pour in the chicken broth. Add the bay leaf.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours depending on when you want the meal to be ready.
Serve the chicken with some of the broth, onions, leeks, and garlic. Consider serving with a nice piece of crusty french bread. It is delicious to smear the garlic on the bread. I served this dish with oven roasted potatoes and asparagus.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.