videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Sunday Slow Cooker: Greek Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 6oz. chicken breasts)
- 3 cups spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 oz. reduced fat feta cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
In a bowl, mix together the spinach, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, feta, oregano, and garlic.
Season with chicken breast with salt and pepper.
With a sharp knife, make a deep cut in the center the chicken breasts to create a pocket. Be careful not to cut through the chicken.
Stuff the chicken breasts with the spinach mixture.
Add to the slow cooker. To get all the chicken to fit, you will likely need to place them on their sides with the spinach mixture facing up, basically stacking them sideways across the bottom of the slow cooker. This also prevents the stuffing from falling out.
Add the chicken broth.
Cook on low for 4 hours, checking to make sure the chicken is fully cooked through.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.