Hearty warm soups are my dinner of choice right now, and this soup doesn’t disappoint. The quinoa adds even more protein to the dish, making it a soup that will fill any eater. I like to use poblano peppers in it to give it the slightest touch of spice in the background, but bell peppers work great as well. You could also add a can of diced tomatoes to deepen the flavor. Also since this freezes great, make up a big batch and save individual portions for quick meals in the future.
Slow Cooker Sunday: Chicken Quinoa Soup with Kale
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 3 U ribs celery, chopped
- 3 U carrots, chopped
- 2 U poblano peppers
- 1 U onion, chopped finely
- 6 U garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
Add everything to a slow cooker.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.