One of my favorite things (hint, hint) is when readers reach out and ask for a healthier version of one of their favorite recipes, which is exactly what happened last week. A reader wanted a lightened up version of her favorite red curry from the local Thai restaurant, a craving I fully understand. I could bath in the red curry from my favorite Thai restaurant. Well…that may hurt, but you get the idea. This version comes together in under 15 minutes and is perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Adjust the spices to suit your tastes, throw in whatever veggies you have on hand, and serve as a soup or over noodles or rice.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3 tbsp red curry paste (adjust to taste)
- 14 oz. canned lite coconut milk
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce (or fish sauce to taste)
- 14 oz. Asian vegetable mix (cabbage, broccoli, snap peas, etc.)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 U Juice of 1 lime
Heat a large soup pot over medium high heat.
Add the curry paste and 1/4 cup coconut milk. Whisk until the curry paste is completely dissolved. Add the remaining coconut milk, chicken stock, and the fish sauce.
Add the vegetables and chicken breast. Bring to a boil, then turn down and let simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from heat and add lime juice. Taste and add more lime juice, fish sauce, or salt if needed.
Serve with green onions, cilantro, and sliced jalapenos.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.