videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Slow Cooker Curry Chicken and Vegetables
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 U red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. Madras curry powder (for Thai curry , use red or green Thai curry paste)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 14 oz. light coconut milk
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 U zucchini, chopped
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 U limes
Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the curry powder (or paste) and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the chicken broth and turn off heat. Stir in the coconut milk.
Place the chicken and vegetables in the slow cooker.
Pour the coconut curry mixture over top. Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Chop or shred chicken. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve with fresh lime juice.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.