This Spicy Thai Basil Ground Turkey will rival your favorite Thai takeout but is made at home with healthier ingredients and ready in less time than it takes to order take-out. Plus it's low carb, Whole30 friendly, Paleo and gluten-free.
Here's a really easy Thai dish that you can make in less than 20 minutes! The other night we were both really craving take-out after a particularly stressful work day and decided to make the healthier choice is make some kind of takeout at home. I was craving Thai so I was planning on making these Thai Basil Beef Bowls but quickly realized I was all out of ground beef. Luckily I had some ground turkey in the freezer and whipped up this quick turkey version instead. And it came out amazing. The sauce is savory and spicy and the Thai basil adds just the right amount of freshness to the dish. Everything is finished with some fresh lime juice. Normally I serve it over this cauliflower coconut rice, which is delicious. You could also reach for lettuce wraps, brown rice, or quinoa.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Spicy Thai Basil Ground Turkey
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 U onion, diced
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1/2 cup Thai basil
- 1 U lime, juice only
- Add the turkey and onion to a hot nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Brown and break up the larger chunks as you go until no longer pink.
- Add in the garlic and ginger.. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the soy sauce, chili paste, and basil. (For a sweeter option, add 1-3 tsp. sugar as well) Cook for 30 seconds and remove from heat. Taste and season as needed with additional soy or chili sauce. Squeeze lime juice over top.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.