- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 U large sweet onion, sliced thin (half circles)
- 2 U red bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 U yellow bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 U green peppers, sliced into strips
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 U Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 U lemon
Heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until beginning to brown.
Add the peppers and reduce heat. Cook for 12-15 minutes until beginning to brown and tender. If anything begins to burn, add 1-2 tbsp. of water.
Add the garlic, oregano, sugar, vinegar, and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Serve with basil.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.