Creamy Spinach Artichoke Sauce
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp flour (leave out for low-carb or gluten-free)
- 1 U shallot, minced
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 10 oz frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes until just softened. Add the flour and stir until the flour begins to brown.
Stir in the milk and bring to a boil. Immediately turn the heat down to low and cook for 3-4 minutes until it thickens.
Add the mozzarella and cream cheese. Stir until melted.
Add the spinach and artichoke hearts. It is important to make sure the vegetables are drained of any excess moisture otherwise the sauce may break or get watery.
Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
Add the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
This sauce freezes great and also tastes even better after 1-2 nights in the fridge.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.