Frittatas are one of my favorite things to make on the weekends since they are simple to put together, fast, and incredibly versatile. Not only can you put virtually anything in a frittata, you can eat it for any meal, and its good hot or cold. That's my kid of recipe and having one in the fridge saves me when I am too busy to cook something. Lately I have been really loving Italian flavors and fell in love with this simple Italian Frittata. It's filled with onions, garlic, cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers, arugula, and of course some cheese. Everything starts in a skillet on the stove top and is finished in the oven. If you have a cast iron pan, I recommend using that but if not any large, oven safe skillet will work.
Italian Breakfast Frittata
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 10 U eggs, whisked
- 2/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.