This healthy Grilled Chicken Greek Salad is the perfect light and healthy dinner or lunch.
The secret to the perfect Greek salad in my opinion is pepperoncinis. Their salty, acidic, slightly spicy flavor are that extra thing that takes a typical Greek salad and makes it something special. Now don't get me wrong, the feta and olives and crunchy veggies are also critical, but I find the pepperoncini is most commonly left out and what makes a Greek salad delicious.
Now speaking of Greek salads, they used to be my go-to healthy choice when dining out but unfortunately restaurant versions packed with feta cheese and high fat dressing can easily clock in at 800-1000 calories. Not the best option when you think you are making a healthy choice. For that reason, I usually prefer to make my own version at home where I have full control over the ingredients, portion size, and amount of dressing. This recipe has all the classic flavors - feta, olives, pepperoncinis, tomatoes, and cucumbers - but is made with a lighter dressing and some grilled chicken breasts or thighs for protein.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Grilled Chicken Greek Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 U lemon
- 1/2 U red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 3 tbsp. parsley
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 U garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Brush the chicken with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a grill or grill pan, grill the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes. Slice and squeeze lemon juice over top.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, and garlic.
- Toss together the red onion, lettuce, black olives, feta cheese, pepperoncini’s, tomatoes, cucumber, and parsley. Add dressing and toss again.
- Toss with chicken.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.