Barbecue Meatloaf Muffins
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U egg
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup red pepper, minced
- 2 U ribs celery, minced
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 U green onions, chopped
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and spray a muffin tin with non fat cooking spray. (Mine has 12 muffin holes)
In a small bowl, stir together the barbecue sauce and whole grain mustard.
In a large mixing bowl combine the ground beef, celery, red pepper, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 of the barbecue sauce and mustard mixture. Mix until just combined to keep the meat from toughening up.
Fill each muffin tin with the meat mixture to create 12 meatloaf muffins. The using a spoon or pastry brush, brush a layer of the barbecue sauce and mustard mixture on each muffin.
Bake for 18-22 minutes until kicked through.
While the meatloaf muffins are cooking, make the mashed potato frosting. Add the potatoes to boiling water and cook until soft and tender. Drain and add to a blender with buttermilk, salt, pepper, and green onions. Blend until just combined.
Spoon the potato mixture over each muffin once they are out of the oven and serve!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.