This easy Asian Ground Turkey Stir Fry takes less than 20 minutes to make and is the perfect healthy weeknight dinner. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
Stir fries are the perfect weeknight meal since they can come together under twenty minutes. All you need is a lean protein, lots of colorful veggies, and a quick homemade sauce to bring everything together. Easy, satisfying, and affordable.
For this simple ground turkey and veggie stir-fry with an Asian twist, I really want to make things easy so I use a bag of pre-chopped vegetables to cut the prep time. The mix I bought had cabbage, carrots, Brussels sprouts, and kale and it worked perfectly. From there I seasoned everything with ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and rice vinegar and drizzled some spicy Sriracha on top to finish things. You could add 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar, maple syrup, or Hoisin sauce if you like a sweeter sauce.
The other reason I love making stir fries is that they are a clean out the fridge kind of meal. I always seem to have some leftover veggies or meat in the fridge and this is the perfect way to use it. They are also great for quick meal prep since a ground turkey stir fry can be used in so many different ways. Make grain bowls, add it to a bowl of greens, make lettuce wraps, or try adding it to baked sweet potatoes. Trust me, with a drizzle of Hoisin sauce, it's delicious.
Side Dish Ideas
There are so many different ways to serve this dish from traditional rice bowls to lettuce wraps and more. Here are some dishes that pair great:
- Make up a big batch of Cilantro Lime Quinoa to make restaurant-style grain bowls at home.
- For a low carb option, make some Cauliflower Fried Rice or Spaghetti Squash.
- Grab a head of butter lettuce and make Asian lettuce wraps with some chopped peanuts or cashews on top.
- To add sweetness, consider serving this with some sliced pineapple or mandarin oranges.
- For an extra punch of protein, serve some Sesame Soy Edamame on the side.
Recipe Ideas and Tips
Once you start making this easy stir fry, you can mix it up to create all kinds of different versions. Here are some ideas:
- Make it spicy by adding some Sriracha, Asian garlic chili paste, or fresh jalapenos to the mix. Add them right into the sauce or serve it on the side.
- Try different vegetable mixes or make your own. This Asian ground turkey recipe will work with pretty much any veggies you like. Try sugar snap peas, asparagus, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, shaved Brussels sprouts, or carrots. Just make sure to cut things small so they cook quickly.
- Bulk up the dish by adding 1-2 cups of cooked brown rice, quinoa, farro, or rice noodles.
- Swap in a different protein. Some favorites include ground turkey sausage, ground chicken, ground beef, ground pork, or plant-based crumbles. It is also delicious with chopped chicken, pork tenderloin, or shrimp. Just watch the cooking time to make sure the protein doesn't overcook.
- For more of a fried rice feel, add some scrambled eggs to the mix. It's also amazing with a fried egg on top.
- For a tangy version, consider adding in a few spoonfuls of kimchi. It totally changes up the flavor in the best way.
- If you like a sweeter stir fry sauce, consider adding some honey or brown sugar to the soy sauce and rice vinegar to sweeten things up. You can also add some chopped pineapple for natural sweetness.
Can I use frozen vegetables?
This Asian ground turkey stir-fry will work with frozen vegetables, it just won't have the same crunch since frozen vegetables are softer. You also may have to drain off a bit of liquid since frozen vegetables tend to release more water as they cook.
How long will this keep in the fridge?
This will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days and is great for meal prep. Simply fill up a bunch of containers with one serving of your favorite grain. Add the Asian ground turkey and vegetables on top and you have lunch packed for the week.
More Healthy Asian Stir Fry Recipes
- Beef and Bok Choy Stir Fry
- Spicy Turkey, Green, Bean, and Mushroom Stir Fry
- Sheet Pan Asian Chicken Stir Fry
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
This recipe was originally shared over five years ago and has been updated with a video, new photos, and recipe ideas.
Asian Ground Turkey Stir Fry
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- 16 oz. Asian vegetable mix (mine had cabbage, carrots, broccoli slaw, Brussels sprouts, and kale)
- 4 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed or coconut aminos for Whole30)
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.