Greek Yogurt Parmesan Chicken takes only a few minutes to put together and results in delicious, moist, flavor packed chicken that your family will absolutely love. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
Greek Yogurt Parmesan Chicken is a five ingredient recipe that will quickly become a mainstay in your dinner rotation. It is so easy to make and you will be shocked at how flavorful and moist the chicken turns out.
This recipe is one of the most popular recipes on Pinterest these days. The concept is simple – chicken that is baked in either yogurt or mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and spices, usually seasoned salt. The yogurt keeps the chicken very moist while it cooks and adds some great flavor when combined with the cheese and spices. To make everything taste fresher, I usually opt for fresh garlic, a bright spice mix or fresh herbs, and lemon zest but the basic recipe can work with virtually any spices. It's really that easy and seriously tastes amazing. This is one of those times when the Pinterest folks got it right.
Funny thing about this chicken. The first time I made it, it was with enormous skepticism. The idea of cooking chicken in yogurt threw me off. Hot yogurt, it doesn't really seem that appealing and let's be honest, sounds pretty awful. But somehow, I promise, the end result is anything but awful. The yogurt, Parmesan, and garlic combine to create a creamy sauce that's really tasty. Plus the yogurt does an amazing job of keeping the chicken moist and tender. You don't have to worry about dry chicken breast. It is one of those things that just works even though you think it won't.
When cooking this Greek Yogurt Parmesan Chicken, keep the following things in mind:
- Most of the original recipes for this chicken call for garlic powder instead of fresh garlic. Personally I like the taste of fresh garlic more, so I opted to use that. However if you don't have any garlic on hand or don't feel like mincing it, garlic powder will work.
- When it comes to adding seasoning, you can go for spice mixes or fresh herbs. Many people swear by adding ranch seasoning to this recipe. Personally I am not a huge ranch fan, which is why I went for a spicier grill seasoning, but if you love ranch than I recommend giving it a try. For a fresher take, you could add fresh rosemary, thyme, or oregano.
- Depending on your dietary needs, you can opt to use full fat yogurt for a creamier sauce or a combination of yogurt and mayonnaise. Mayonnaise will create a milder sauce for the chicken but personally I like the tang that Greek yogurt adds.
Looking for more healthy chicken breast recipes?
Greek Yogurt Parmesan Chicken
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.67 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1.5 tsp. grill seasoning (seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, ranch seasoning, or Cajun seasoning)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Place the chicken in a prepared baking dish. Season well with salt and pepper.
Mix together the yogurt, Parmesan, garlic, lemon zest, and the seasoning you choose. Pour over the chicken and use your hands to make sure the chicken is completely coated.
Bake for 35-45 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.