Simple baked chicken cutlets are ready in under 30 minutes and only use 4 ingredients for a healthier take on the classic dish. Jump to Recipe
Simple baked chicken cutlets are a healthier way to make your favorite breaded chicken recipes and you only need four ingredients and about 30 minutes for an incredible meal.
Sometimes I love complex recipes with lots of ingredients and steps and sometimes I like a simple recipe I can mix up lots of ways. This simple chicken cutlet recipe is one of those “keep up your sleeve” recipes that you can whip together in less than 30 minutes and personalize hundreds of ways. I have been known to add nuts, coconut, all types of herbs, and Parmesan to change up the base flavors. Meal wise – the options almost never end. Serve it on its own, as chicken Parmesan, as a crunchy component in a salad, with a simple pan sauce or gravy, in sandwiches, sliced in quesadillas, or dipped in any number of delicious condiments.
This is also one of those meals that I can make for my family and everyone is happy. My husband's favorite meal of all time is chicken milanesas, so he'll accept this as a healthier substitute. Plus every kid that I know loves breaded chicken. Everyone can add their own sauce - lemon juice for me, ketchup for everyone else - and we are all happy.
Looking for ways to mix up these Baked Chicken Cutlets, here are some ideas for try:
- Tropical: Replace 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs with 1/4 cup coconut for a sweet tropical flavor.
- Cheesy: Replace 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese for a cheesier take.
- Nutty: Replace 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs with 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, peanuts) for a crunchy, nutty twist.
- Herbs: Replace the parsley with fresh thyme, cilantro, basil, rosemary, or oregano and consider squeezing lemon juice over the chicken before breading.
- Add more flavor: Replace the eggs with whole grain mustard, honey mustard, barbecue sauce, buffalo sauce, or any other favorite condiment.
Here are some tools and products I use to prepare this recipe:
- Baking sheet: There are so many options out there but I have been using this brand for years and find they hold up really well.
- Meat Mallet: Pounding out your chicken can be a bit of a pain without the right tools. I use this meat mallet and place the chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap on a cutting board. You can also buy chicken that is already cut into cutlets if you can find it.
Simple Baked Chicken Cutlets
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.