A hearty and creamy Slow Cooker Vegetable Lentil Stew made with squash, potatoes, carrots, celery, and lentils.
Last night it was so cold, which is really unusual for Los Angeles. Normally people are pulling out their parkas and hats when it drops below 65, but last night it was New England cold. Luckily, I had a batch of this delicious hearty soup waiting for me in the freezer. It is one that I make often but haven't shared yet on the website. But after digging into again last night, I knew I had to share it. The soup is creamy, rich, and full of good for you veggies and lentils. Plus is only gets better after having a few days for the flavors to soak together. So whip up a big batch and freeze the leftovers for a quick meal on a cold night. You won't be sorry.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Slow Cooker Lentil and Vegetable Stew
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups red potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1.5 cups dry lentils
- 1 U onion, diced
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp herbs de provence
- 1 tsp salt (more to taste)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Add the butternut squash, carrots, potatoes, celery, lentils, onion, garlic, vegetable broth, herbs de provence, paprika, and salt to the slow cooker. Cook on on low for 7-8 hours.
- Add about one third of the soup to a blender along with the olive oil. Blend until smooth and add back to slow cooker.
- Add the spinach and parsley. Let cook for 5-10 more minutes until spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.