Ranch BLT Pasta Salad made with a healthy homemade ranch and all the flavors of a delicious BLT in a pasta salad! Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
This post is brought to you from our friends at Pavilions through Kitchen PLAY. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Growing up, my Mom made a point to make sure we had dinner together pretty much every weeknight without exception. Looking back now, I not only appreciate it immensely but am hugely impressed by it.
With three active kids with different schedules and a full time career, we pretty much sat down every night together until I went off to college. Seriously, I don’t know how she did it but I am so thankful she did. Plus, virtually all the time, we were talking about a real dinner. You know the kind with a proper protein, starch, and at least one veggie, which on a side note was the only thing we were required to finish. Something I still live by to this day.
However, every once in a while, like any Mom, she would need something quick and break her typical routine. And when we were lucky, this was with BLTs. To this day, she still makes one of the best BLTs I have ever had and I always remember the excitement of breaking from routine and being able to eat BLTs and chips for dinner. It was pretty amazing for a kid who was used to having to finish their vegetables at every meal.
Lately I have been thinking about those BLTs and counting down the days until I am back East and can have one. But until then, you will find me shoveling in this Ranch BLT Pasta Salad. Packed with fresh veggies, just enough bacon, and a homemade yogurt ranch dressing – it’s a pasta salad you can feel good about eating and will find yourself making over and over again. True story, I have been eating it three weeks in a row and I don’t see that coming to an end any time soon.
The salad itself brings together all the classic components of a BLT, the crispy bacon, crunchy lettuce, and bright tomatoes. However, instead of bread, I decided to use pasta, because who doesn’t love pasta. Then to pull everything together, I added a healthy homemade ranch dressing made with Greek yogurt and fresh herbs. I also threw in some red onions and cucumbers for extra crunch and color. So good. I mean, it’s a BLT in a bowl with pasta and ranch dressing.
Now when it comes to making this salad, the key is to make sure to start with high quality ingredients that are flavorful and taste great. For me this means shopping at my local Pavilions store, where I know I can always find delicious, affordable products from their exclusive in-store Signature line. The Signature line includes more than 4,000 items, including fresh produce, prepared foods, pantry staples, and a huge variety of products that are high quality and provide a great value.
Here are some tips and tricks when making this Ranch BLT Pasta Salad:
- Make the ranch dressing ahead of time if possible since it gets better after having 2-3 hours to sit in the fridge. During this time the flavors deepen and come together. After it’s had some time to sit, taste it and adjust the seasoning if needed. You can add more garlic, onion powder, or black pepper. And if you like spicy ranch, consider adding 1-2 tablespoons of the chipotle peppers in adobo.
- You can stick to the traditional path and just use lettuce, tomato, and bacon in the pasta salad or think outside the box and pack in extra veggies. Personally, I love the addition of cucumber and red onion for extra crunch. It’s also crazy good with avocado.
- If you want to add some protein to the salad, toss in some grilled chicken or chopped rotisserie chicken.
- If you decide to make this ahead of time, don’t add the lettuce until it is time to serve. It will get soggy if it sits in the dressing for too long and you really want the crunch.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Ranch BLT Pasta Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3/4 cup 2% nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. Signature Kitchens® reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Signature Kitchens® Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped (more to taste)
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz. Signature Kitchens® spaghetti
- 6 U slices Signature Farms® Hickory Smoked bacon, chopped
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced (to taste)
- Salt and pepper
Mix together the yogurt, buttermilk, mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice until well combined. Add the chives, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate for at least one hour, ideally longer if possible.
Cook the spaghetti until al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Cook the bacon until crispy in a skillet over medium high heat, about 5-7 minutes. Drain off the fat and use a paper towel to absorb any extra fat from the bacon.
When ready to serve, toss together the pasta, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and bacon with the ranch dressing. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.