Kick up your chicken with this delicious Grilled Chicken with Peach Cucumber Salsa recipe.
I wish that peach season would never end. Every week I look forward to heading to the farmer's market and stocking up on peaches and all the other amazing stone fruit that you can buy right now. My favorite farmers market has a cherum that is a combination of cherries and plums - don't get me started on how good it is. But no matter how many millions of varieties of plums and plouts there are, because there seem to be new ones all the time, I always go back to the peach and these days I am eating at least one a day.
So it's no surprise that this past week I decided that I need to incorporate some peaches into dinner time as well. Since I make a lot of fruit salsas, I went with a peach and cucumber salsa. The crunchy cucumber pairs great with the luscious peach and the lime juice adds some brightness. Then I just made a simple grilled chicken coated in olive oil, honey, soy sauce, and cumin - the honey helps create those dark grill marks - and you have one delicious meal. If you like things spicy, kick up the salsa with a few diced jalapenos.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Grilled Chicken with Peach Cucumber Salsa
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. honey (leave out for Paleo, Low Carb, Whole30)
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 U peaches, diced
- 2 U persian cucumbers, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- Combine the olive oil, honey, soy sauce, cumin, and pepper. Brush the chicken with this mixture.
- Combine the peaches, cucumber, red onion, lime juice, rice vinegar, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken on a medium hot grill for 3-5 minutes per side depenning on the thickness of your chicken. Flip it once grill marks appear and chicken is easily removes from grill.
- Serve the chicken with the peach and cucumber salsa on top.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.