Learn to make delicious grilled fruit for desserts, salads, side dishes, salsas, and more. Recipes and ideas for grilled pineapple, watermelon, bananas, apples, peaches, plums, and more!
Table of Contents
There’s nothing quite like the taste of grilled fruit; sweet, smoky, and absolutely delicious.If you’ve never cooked fruit on the grill before you don’t know what you’re missing.
Now that grilling season is upon us and the fresh spring fruit is on the horizon, it’s time to clean off those grills and get ready.
Not quite sure what grilling fruit is all about? No worries! We’ve got you covered with what to grill and how to grill so you can enjoy what this new season has to offer.
5 Reasons Why We Love Grilled Fruit
We absolutely love throwing our fresh summer produce on the grill. Here are a few reasons why we love grilled fruit so much:
1. Versatile: There are so many different ways to serve grilled fruit.
- In a salad like this Grilled Watermelon Salad or this Grilled Plum Salad With Goat Cheese.
- In a salsa like this Grilled Pineapple Salsa or grill the tomatillos in this Salsa Verde.
- As an appetizer or side dish like these Grilled Plantains or Grilled Avocado.
- As a dessert like these Grilled Plums, this Grilled Watermelon, or these Grilled Bananas.
- With an entree like this Grilled Pineapple Barbecue Chicken.
2. Delicious: The natural sweetness of the fruit develops on the grill making it absolutely delicious.
3. Easy: Grilling fruit sounds fancy but it actually couldn’t be easier. Just cut up your fresh fruit and place it on the grill. That’s it!
4. Crowd pleaser: Who doesn’t love fruit? I am sure you will agree that everyone at your table will love grilled fruit and definitely be asking for seconds.
5. Healthy: Fruit is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and is healthier than most other summer desserts.
Grilled Fruit Skewers
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 1 cup watermelon, chopped
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries (whole or halved)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 Cooking spray (or coconut oil)
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.