This is one of my favorite salads to make for a barbecue, picnic, or outdoor event. First off, black beans and corn seems to be a crowd pleader and no one wants to bring the untouched salad. Secondly, it holds up really well. You can make it ahead of time and don't have to worry about wilting or soggy ingredients even if it sits outside for a bit. I usually try to use fresh corn in the salad if I can find it because I love the crisp and fresh taste. I leave it raw although you could grill it first if you prefer. Then toss everything together with a simple lime and cumin dressing. Leftovers make great quick tacos, rice bowls, and salads.
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn (fresh, frozen and thawed, or canned and drained)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 4 U green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper
Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, and cumin to create the dressing.
Toss together all the ingredients with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.