Lemon Brussels Sprouts and Parmesan Pasta comes together in less than 30 minutes and is packed with fresh Brussel sprouts, lemon, and plenty of Parmesan cheese,
Brussels sprouts are high on my list as one of my very favorite vegetables. Considering I grew up in the 80's where virtually every kids show mocked the Brussels sprout, I never had really had them until I was adult. But now they reign as one of my top veggie choices and I am constantly roasting them, tossing them in salads, and looking for new ways to utilize the lovely Brussels sprout.
Lately I have loved working this yummy veggie into pasta dishes. It adds the perfect amount of earthiness and paired with lemon, Parmesan, lots of garlic, and red pepper flakes - this pasta dish is packed with flavor. Try to get the sprouts to caramelize a bit during cooking to add just a touch of sweetness to the dish and if you like things spicy, add some extra red pepper flakes.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Lemon Brussels Sprouts and Parmesan Pasta
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 8 oz. high fiber pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 U garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 8 oz. Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 U lemon
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Add the Brussels sprouts and stir. Press down and cook for 3-4 minutes until beginning to brown. Stir and press down and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in the butter, lemon juice, and pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.