Ham and Cheese Egg Muffins make an easy, portable, and healthy breakfast that's packed with protein, good-for-you, and taste amazing.
Ham and Cheese Egg Muffins with tomatoes, spinach, and plenty of cheddar cheese should immediately be added to your weekly menu for a grab and go breakfast everyone will love.
I have a slight obsession with eggs muffins and make them almost weekly for quick breakfasts and snacks. Truth be told, I probably eat this more often as a post workout snack than I do for breakfast. They are also a great way to clean out your fridge since you can pretty much toss anything in and they will taste delicious.
Like many of my egg muffin recipes, this version was created late on Sunday as I was preparing for the week ahead. After a quick revision of the fridge, I immediately knew I needed to use up some leftover deli ham. Since a grilled ham, cheese, and tomato is one of my favorite sandwiches, I used that for inspiration and made an egg muffin with the same delicious ingredients, plus some spinach for greens. Within ten minutes they were in the oven and within 30 minutes, I had breakfast and snacks prepped for the week.
When making these Ham and Cheese Egg Muffins, remember:
- You can use absolutely any combination of veggies you like in these muffins. Personally I like to cook most veggies (tomatoes are the exception) before adding them to the egg muffins. I think it makes for a better texture.
- Just like the veggies, you can switch up the deli meat and cheese. Turkey and even roast beef turn out great as do pretty much any variety of cheese you like.
- If possible, let these cool completely before refrigerating them. I find they keep the best this way and don't get soggy from the extra moisture that's released as they cool.
Looking for more egg muffin recipes?
- Broccoli and Cheddar Egg Muffins
- Bacon, Egg, and Zucchini Egg Muffins
- Southwest Black Bean Egg Muffins
- Leek and Sundried Tomato Egg Muffins
- Quinoa Egg Muffins
- Sweet Potato and Spinach Egg Muffins
- Canadian Bacon and Egg Muffins
Here are some tools that helped when I was preparing this recipe:
- Muffin tin: Although I used a metal muffin tin for the photos, usually I reach for a silicone muffin tin for making egg muffins since they stick the least. It almost guarantees that your muffins will pop right out after cooking. If not, you may want to use paper liners for the muffins.
- Since ham is one of those products that can have a lot of fillers and extras, I usually try to stick to a more natural brand like Applegate or splurge for the in house baked ham at Whole Foods.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Ham and Cheese Egg Muffins
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 8 U eggs
- 4 U egg whites
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. deli ham, chopped
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach (defrosted and squeezed of extra moisture, or cooked fresh spinach)
- 2 U green onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir in the ham, cheese, spinach, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Spray a standard muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners. Pour in the egg mixture and bake for 12-14 minutes until cooked through and puffy.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.