It's the first Monday of the new year and pretty much everyone has getting healthy on the brain. That's why I wanted to share one of my all time favorite healthy breakfasts - egg muffins. With 14 grams of protein per serving, they are a great way to start the day and fuel your morning and since they can be made with virtually any combination of veggies, cheese, and protein - you can make it work for any diet or food preferences. Plus they keep all week in the fridge, making them ideal for grabbing and going.
Now let's talk about today's recipe. I am always up for classic bacon and eggs. Even though it's kind of boring, it's almost always what I order when we go out to breakfast. So in my latest egg muffin creation, I was inspired by this combination. Using turkey bacon, zucchini, eggs, and some mozzarella cheese this breakfast is both packed with protein and full of flavor. They can be made ahead of time so you can just grab and go during the week. They are also delicious smushed in between a light English muffin or wrapped in a low carb tortilla.
Meal Plan Members: This is a great breakfast to add to your meal plan on Sunday (like is featured in this week's plan) so you have breakfasts packed and ready to go all week. Don't forget you can use the leftover feature (by dragging and dropping the same recipe into more than one day) to add extra servings to the initial recipe so you only have to cook once! Consider adding the recipes below to your Recipe Queue for future plans for healthy grab and go breakfasts all week.
Looking for more egg muffin recipes? Here are some of my favorites - Southwest Black Bean Egg Muffins, Leek and Sundried Tomato Egg Muffins, Quinoa Egg Muffins, Sweet Potato and Spinach Egg Muffins, Canadian Bacon and Egg Muffins, or Zucchini Feta and Dill Egg Muffins.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Bacon, Egg, Zucchini, and Cheese Muffins
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a standard muffin tin with non-fat cooking spray.
- Spray a skillet with cooing spray and heat over medium heat. Add the chopped bacon. Cook until crispy and remove. Drain any excess fat and add the zucchini. Cook for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper until frothy. Stir in the zucchini, bacon, and cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tin and cook for 20 minutes or until the egg is cooked through and becomes fluffy.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.