This Skinny Pepperoni Pizza Chili is the stuff dreams are made of packed with ground beef, sausage, garlic, beans, and marinara sauce for only 329 calories.
Who doesn’t love a warm, melty slice of pepperoni pizza? I’ve been a big fan of pizza for my whole life, though as I have made changes to work towards a healthier lifestyle I have had to reduce my pizza consumption. Sad times!
One day I got a recipe for pepperoni pizza chili in my inbox. It sounded delicious, and I knew I wanted to give it a whirl. I took some liberties with the recipe and made a couple of easy changes to lighten it up without sacrificing any deliciousness. I was able to shave off over 100 calories by making simple adjustments to the recipe, like subbing in 95% lean ground beef, turkey sausage and turkey pepperoni. You can even sneak in a little extra goodness and protein by adding some chopped up mushrooms with the meat.
While the original recipe was created for the stove top, I have included a slow cooker version for you as well. It’s perfect for those busy weekdays, and the leftovers will make for a tasty lunch the next day. I hope you enjoy this warm and comforting Pepperoni Pizza Chili, it’s the perfect blend of two classic comfort foods!
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound hot Italian style turkey sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 U medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 U cloves garlic, minced (I use jarred)
- 16 oz. canned hot chili beans, undrained
- 8 oz. salsa
- 8 oz. marinara sauce
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.