This easy Avocado Ranch Dip is the perfect protein-packed dip for raw vegetables, makes a great sandwich spread, and is eays to make with just 4 simple ingredients. Jump to Recipe
Made simply with just four wholesome ingredients, this Avocado Ranch Dip makes the ultimate dip for appetizers or snacks. Serve it alongside fresh veggies or crackers or baked potato chips for a simple, healthy, and delicious treat!
Filled with the savory ranch flavors your family loves and a ton of heart-healthy fats their bodies will love, this Avocado Ranch Dip is an absolute rockstar. If you've been looking for a healthy dip for snacking that even the picky eaters will devour, this is the one. It's incredibly easy to make and comes together with just a few basic ingredients, making it perfect for a quick snack.
It's no secret that everybody loves ranch. However, the bottled versions aren't exactly the healthiest. By creating our own homemade ranch dip with Greek yogurt and creamy avocado as the base, we're able to make it much healthier than the ones at the store. It's also more cost efficient and, in my opinion, even tastier!
Whether you're looking for healthy game day recipes or delicious snack recipes, this creamy and flavorful dip is a perfect choice. Simply pair it with your favorite vegetables, chips, or crackers for an amazing snack or appetizer your guests won't forget.
Key Ingredients and Easy Swaps
To make this flavorful recipe, you will need the following key ingredients:
- Avocado: Loaded with healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals, this delicious ingredient makes the perfect creamy addition to this dip.
- Greek yogurt: This is used as the base of our dip and is filled with protein and healthy probiotics. Regular yogurt will also work but the dip won't be as thick. Additionally for a richer dip, swap in some mayo or sour cream.
- Ranch dressing mix: You can make your own at home, but for the sake of ease I love using the premade packets of Ranch dressing mix that you can find at the store.
- Lemon juice: This serves a dual purpose- it brightens up the flavors of the dish and also prevents the avocado from browning too soon. Lime juice also works.
Why You'll Love This Avocado Dip
I know you're going to love this dish as much as I do, and here's why:
- It's easy to make. This delicious dip comes together in just a few minutes and doesn't require any tools other than a bowl and a fork or spoon.
- It's made with wholesome ingredients. This flavorful recipe is made with only 4 simple ingredients, all of which are loaded with beneficial nutrients.
- It's packed with delicious flavors. Between the creamy avocado, savory ranch dressing mix, and fresh lemon juice, this bright and rich dip is loaded with flavor.
- It's child-approved. Even the pickiest of eaters are guaranteed to love this dip! Who doesn't love the delicious flavors of ranch dressing? They'll never even know that what they're eating is actually good for them.
Health Benefits of Avocado
Avocados may be one of the trendiest foods on the market right now, but they're popular for good reason! These fruits (yes, avocados are fruits!) are loaded with healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Often referred to as a superfood, avocados make an excellent addition to a healthy diet. These are some of the most impressive health benefits of avocado:
- Supports healthy blood pressure levels
- Reduces inflammation in the body
- Supports a healthy heart
- Reduces the risk of diseases like cancer and heart disease
- Aids in weight loss
- Lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol and increases HDL (good) cholesterol
- Helps the body absorb nutrients
- Protects eye health
- Relieves the symptoms of arthritis
Here are some of my top recipe tips for this wholesome and flavorful dish:
- If you want to thin out the dip, add a small amount of water at a time until you've reached your desired consistency.
- When thinned out a bit, this dip makes a fantastic salad dressing or sauce for burritos, tacos, and roasted vegetables.
- To add a bit of heat to the dip, mix in finely chopped jalapenos to the dip before serving.
- Serve this dip alongside chips, crackers, or raw vegetables like broccoli, celery, and carrots.
- To store this dish in the fridge, transfer it to an airtight container and press plastic wrap onto the dip before sealing it with the lid. This helps to keep the dip from browning and will ensure that it stays good for up to 2 days.
- For a show stopping presentation, top the dip with chopped green onions and/or fresh herbs like parsley or dill.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about this flavorful dish:
Is Avocado Ranch Dip healthy?
Yes! With protein and healthy probiotics from the Greek yogurt, and healthy fats and fiber from the avocado, this dip is as healthy as it is delicious. The protein and fiber also help keep you feeling satisfied, so it will keep you full between meals.
What can I serve with this dish?
This dip is extremely versatile and can be served in a variety of ways. My favorite accompaniments for this dish are crackers or raw vegetables like broccoli and carrots. You can also thin it out a bit with water and serve it as a salad dressing or a sauce for tacos, cooked vegetables, and meats like chicken or fish.
How do I store this dish?
This dish can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. I recommend storing it in an airtight container (glass is best if you have it) and pressing plastic wrap over the top of the dip before placing the lid on top. This will help to preserve the dip and keep the avocado from turning brown in the fridge.
Can I freeze this dish?
I wouldn't recommend it. Dips made with dairy-based ingredients like this one tend not to do well after being frozen. If you were to freeze the dip, the texture would be altered after thawing it out and you wouldn't get the same creamy texture as before. Luckily, it's incredibly easy to make so you can whip it up in just a few minutes whenever you want more!
More Healthy Avocado Recipes:
Avocado Ranch Dip
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.