This easy Avocado Ranch Dip is the perfect protein-packed dip for raw vegetables, makes a great sandwich spread, and is easy to make with just 4 simple ingredients.
Made simply with just four wholesome ingredients, this Avocado Ranch Dip makes the ultimate dip for appetizers or snacks. Serve it alongside fresh veggies, crackers, or baked potato chips for a simple, healthy, and delicious treat!
We love all things ranch around here from this healthier version of classic ranch dressing to this jalapeno ranch and blackened ranch dressing. Today we are leveling up ranch dip and dressing again, this time with avocado.
This Avocado Ranch Dip is so simple to make and so good. All you need is Greek yogurt, avocado, ranch seasoning mix (homemade or a store-bought packet), and lemon juice. There are lots of fun ways to jazz it up, but with those four simple ingredients, this dip or dressing is so good.
Whether you're looking for healthy game day recipes or delicious snack recipes, this creamy and flavorful dip is a perfect choice.
Why You'll Love This Avocado Dip
I know you're going to love this dish as much as I do, and here's why:
- It's easy to make. This delicious dip comes together in just a few minutes and doesn't require any tools other than a bowl and a fork or spoon.
- It's made with wholesome ingredients. This flavorful recipe is made with only 4 simple ingredients, all of which are loaded with beneficial nutrients.
- It's packed with delicious flavors. Between the creamy avocado, savory ranch dressing mix, and fresh lemon juice, this bright and rich dip is loaded with flavor.
- It's child-approved. Even the pickiest of eaters are guaranteed to love this dip! Who doesn't love the delicious flavors of ranch dressing? They'll never even know that what they're eating is actually good for them.
Key Ingredients and Easy Swaps
To make this flavorful recipe, you will need the following key ingredients:
- Avocado: Loaded with healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals, this delicious ingredient makes the perfect creamy addition to this dip. Make sure the avocado is ripe.
- Greek yogurt: This is used as the base of our dip and is filled with protein and healthy probiotics. Regular yogurt will also work but the dip won't be as thick. Additionally for a richer dip, swap in mayo or sour cream.
- Ranch dressing mix: You can make your own at home, but for the sake of ease I love using the premade packets of Ranch dressing mix that you can find at the store.
- Lemon juice: This serves a dual purpose- it brightens up the flavors of the dish and also prevents the avocado from browning too soon. Lime juice also works.
- Optional additions: Boost the flavor even more with some fresh green onions, parsley, cilantro, garlic, or jalapeno.
Here are some of my top recipe tips for this wholesome and flavorful dish:
- Turn it into dressing: If you want to thin out the dip to make a salad dressing, add a small amount of buttermilk or olive oil until you've reached your desired consistency.
- Make it spicy: To add a bit of heat to the dip, mix in finely chopped jalapenos to the dip before serving.
- Add fresh herbs: This dip is even better with some fresh herbs like chives, dill, parsley, cilantro, or basil.
- Richer flavor: For a richer, less tangy flavor, use mayonnaise or sour cream in place of half of the Greek yogurt. Also, higher fat Greek yogurt has a creamier, more mild flavor.
- Vegan: Make this dip with plain plant-based yogurt or vegan mayonnaise for a vegan version. Make sure the ranch seasoning doesn't contain buttermilk as well.
- Make it thicker: Take inspiration from this avocado hummus recipe and thicken this up even more by making it an avocado ranch hummus by adding chickpeas and use less yogurt.
How to Store Leftover Avocado Ranch Dip
To store this dish in the fridge, transfer it to an airtight container and press plastic wrap onto the dip before sealing it with the lid. This helps to keep the dip from browning and will ensure that it stays good for up to 2 days.
This dip does not freeze well. Dips made with dairy-based ingredients like this one tend not to do well after being frozen. If you were to freeze the dip, the texture would be altered after thawing it out and you wouldn't get the same creamy texture as before.
Luckily, it's incredibly easy to make so you can whip it up in just a few minutes whenever you want more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about this flavorful dish.
Yes! With protein and healthy probiotics from the Greek yogurt, and healthy fats and fiber from the avocado, this dip is as healthy as it is delicious. The protein and fiber also help keep you feeling satisfied, so it will keep you full between meals.
This dip is extremely versatile and can be served in a variety of ways. My favorite accompaniments for this dish are crackers or raw vegetables like broccoli and carrots. You can also thin it out a bit with water and serve it as a salad dressing or a sauce for tacos, cooked vegetables, and meats like chicken or fish.
Avocado Ranch Dip (4 Ingredients)
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing mix (1 packet)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.