Lately the only way I want to eat veggies is roasted. I am on a major roasting kick. Typically I roast veggies in a simple combination of olive oil, salt, pepper, and perhaps some fresh herbs or garlic. Lately however I have been trying to move out of my comfort zone and experiment with some other oils and flavors. Since I love the nutty flavor of sesame oil, I imagined it would pair well with the sweetness of carrots and a touch of soy for salt. The results were delicious, especially with the ginger and garlic. Consider these for your next Asian inspired dish or roast up a big batch to add to salads during the week.
Sesame Roasted Carrots
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb. carrots, washed and halved (or quartered for larger carrots)
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce (GF if needed, coconut aminos for Whole30®)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.