Green Chile Turkey Burgers
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 8 oz canned greens chiles, drained (or use your own fresh roasted Hatch or Poblano chiles for a better flavor)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 U red onion, sliced thin
- 4 tbsp lime juice
To make the pickled onions, cover the onion slices with lime juice in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
Using your hands, gently combined the turkey, half the green chiles (drained), cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Divide into 4 patties.
Grill for around 5 minutes per side or until completely cooked. You can also cook them in a skillet.
Meanwhile, mix the remaining chiles with cilantro.
Top with green chile an cilantro mixture, pickled onions, and your other favorite toppings.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.