I could honestly eat tostadas every night for dinner and be a pretty happy lady. A huge part of this has to do the versatility of the crunchy baked tostada shell. Layered with any combination of beans, protein, and veggies you can take the simple tostada in so many different directions. Mexican flavors are the classic version but I also love making Greek tostadas with chickpeas, chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, black olives, and and feta or Asian tostadas with black beans, pork or steak, a quick Asian slaw, and some drizzled Hoisin sauce.
Today's recipe is inspired by the classic Mexican tostada and made with lean ground turkey, poblano peppers, red onion, pinto beans, and your favorite salsa. It's a quick and easy recipe which makes it perfect for a busy weeknight and you can add any variety of toppings to suit it to your tastes.
Turkey Poblano Tostadas
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 8 U corn tortillas
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 U poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 U red onion, sliced thin
- 1 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 U tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.