- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U flour tortillas
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 3/4 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 6 cups lettuce
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 U green onions, chopped
- 4 tbsp reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place tortillas directly on the oven racks and cook for 6-10 minutes until toasted.
Brown the beef in a skillet over medium high heat.
Meanwhile whisk together all of the spices to make your taco seasoning. Once the beef is browned, add the seasoning to the beef along with 2/3 cup water. Simmer for five minutes. Set aside.
Toss everything together or create four individual salads. Each one should half ¼ of the beef (4 oz., about ½ cup), ¼ cup corn, ¼ cup beans, 1 tbsp. cilantro, 1 tbsp. cheese, and veggies. Serve with crumbled baked tortillas.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.