You guys! I have a delicious recipe up my sleeve for you today featuring slightly spicy poblano peppers stuffed with turkey, zucchini, cauliflower, mushrooms, cheese, and smoky enchilada sauce. It’s the perfect low calorie and low carb meal because it feels anything but light. The cheesy enchilada substitute is perfect for anyone watching their waistline and since they freeze and keep well, it’s a great make ahead meal. Whip up a batch on the weekend to pop in the oven during the week for a no prep meal or cook and store individually for lunches. Mix up the veggies, add beans, stir in some quinoa, and make them your own for a light and filling meal.
Cheesy Enchilada Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 6 U poblano peppers (or bell peppers)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup zucchini, grated or finely diced
- 1 cup cauliflower, finely diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 12 tbsp. part skim shredded mozzarella
- Get IngredientsNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.