These Instant Pot Beef Drip Sandwiches are packed with flavor and surprisingly low calorie with under 300 calories per sandwich, plus they are ready in one hour in an Instant Pot.
I need another kithen appliance like I need a hole in my head. But after seeing Instant Pots everywhere I turned since the holidays, I finally caved and bought one and am officially obsessed. If you haven't seen an Instant Pot yet, it's basically a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, and yogurt maker all in one. Plus it has a saute feature so you can brown your meats and saute your veggies in the same pot you will be cooking in. Amazing.
To be honest, I was mostly interested in the pressure cooker feature since it's basically a faster way to make all my favorite healthy slow cooker recipes. For example, I braised some chicken thighs in salsa in the Instant Pot this weekend and they were ready in 15 minutes. Plus this pepperoncini beef that normally takes 8 hours, was ready in an hour. Love it. It makes all the delicious soups, stews, and braises I love from the slow cooker - just faster. Plus as someone who constantly overcooks rice, I can't wait to use the built in rice cooker.
But enough about the Instant Pot, let's talk about this recipe for a moment. It all starts with my favorite pepperoncini beef which is laced with onions, pepperoncinis, and Italian seasoning. Then everything is piled high into a sandwich and topped with sliced peppers for some crunch and cheese. Because cheese makes everything better.
Have you tried the Instant Pot yet? What are your favorite things to make?
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Instant Pot Beef Drip Sandwiches (or Slow Cooker)
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lb lean beef eye round roast
- 1 U onion, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 oz pepperoncini with juice, jarred
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 8 U reduced calorie hamburger rolls
- 1 U green pepper, sliced
- 1 U red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add the beef, onion, pepperoncinis, beef broth, salt, and Italian seasoning the Instant Pot (or another pressure cooker). Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Carefully vent the pressure cooker and shred the beef using two forks. For a slow cooker, cook on low for 8 hours.
- Lightly toast each roll in the broiler. Top with beef, thinly sliced peppers, and two tablespoons of cheese. Return to broiler and cook for about one minute until cheese melts.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.