This Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Bark flecked with chocolate chips, sliced almonds, and a touch of jelly is a great protein rich snack or dessert.
Strawberry Yogurt Bark is made with honey-sweetened Greek yogurt, chocolate chips, sliced almonds, and jelly, all frozen into the perfect healthy snack. Wholesome, delicious, and beyond easy to make—you won’t be able to put it down!
If you have never tried frozen yogurt bark before, you are in for a serious treat. Not only is this guilt-free snack incredibly tasty and addictive in the best way, but it takes just a few minutes of work to prepare.
Simply stir your yogurt mixture, chop up your toppings of choice, and spread the concoction onto a baking sheet to freeze. In just a few short hours, you’ve got the perfect tasty treat for the whole family to enjoy.
You can keep this snack simple with sweetened Greek yogurt and fruit, but I typically like to spice it up by including additional toppings like chopped nuts and chocolate chips. I mean, can you ever really go wrong with chocolate chips? My girls (huge yogurt bark fans, I might add) would certainly agree.
Whether you’re looking for a new healthy snack recipe for the family or a healthy dessert recipe for your next party, this yogurt bark guarantees to satisfy any sweet tooth. You can switch up the flavors depending on the fruit and other toppings you have at home, so get creative and have fun with this amazing snack recipe! And in case you are looking for your next flavor combo, don't miss this Blueberry Lemon Frozen Yogurt Bark.
What You’ll Need
To bring this delicious healthy snack to life, you will need the following key ingredients:
- Greek yogurt: This probiotic-packed yogurt is the ultimate base for yogurt bark. It’s ultra creamy and is loaded with protein to keep you feeling satisfied! If you want to swap in flavored yogurt, that will work as well. Just leave out the honey since flavored yogurt is already sweetened.
- Strawberries: I recommend using fresh strawberries for this recipe. If you only have frozen ones, just make sure to let them thaw in the fridge first.
- Honey: This adds the perfect amount of sweetness to our Greek yogurt. If you don’t have honey, you can swap it out for pure maple syrup or agave. You can also use flavored yogurt, which is presweetened.
- Add-ins: I like to add chocolate chips, sliced almonds, and raspberry jelly to my frozen yogurt bark for the delicious flavors and extra crunch. Feel free to add any toppings you like! See below for more yogurt bark topping ideas.
Tips for Making Frozen Yogurt Bark
Here are some of my top tips to help you make this delicious healthy snack recipe:
- Make it vegan: For a vegan dessert recipe, try swapping out the honey for maple syrup or agave instead. If you go this route, make sure your chocolate chips are dairy-free.
- Switch up the fruit: Not in the mood for strawberries? No problem. You can use any kind of fruit you like to make yogurt bark. Some of my top choices include blueberries, raspberries, bananas, pomegranate arils, kiwi, mango, and peaches.
- Add dried fruit: Another really great addition to this healthy snack is dried fruit! Dried cranberries and raisins both make fantastic choices.
- Make it extra chocolatey: Looking for ways to add more chocolate to the mix? Try adding cacao powder to the Greek yogurt mixture or drizzling some melted chocolate over the frozen bark, then freezing it for an extra 15-20 minutes.
- Divide your toppings: Trying to please the whole family can be difficult when everyone has different flavor preferences. Luckily, you can easily use one set of toppings on half of the yogurt bark and another set on the other half. This allows you to try out different types of topping combinations and keep everyone happy!
More Yogurt Bark Ideas
When it comes to making frozen yogurt bark, the topping choices are endless. You can really use any combination of sweet toppings you like, depending on what you like and what you have at home. If you’re looking for inspiration on more yogurt bark ideas, here are some of my favorite flavor combinations to try next time:
- Sliced almonds + Dried cranberries + Chia seeds
- Strawberries + Raspberries + Blueberries + Berry jam
- Mango + Shredded coconut + Chia seeds
- Chocolate chips + Bananas + Peanut butter
- Granola + Shredded coconut + Chocolate chips
- Pomegranate arils + Chocolate chips + Chia seeds
- Kiwi + Strawberries + Blueberries + Mango
- Blueberries + Sliced almonds + Granola
How to Store
If you’re wondering if you can store yogurt bark for later, you’re in luck. Yogurt bark is a treat that was made to be stored! Once you’ve frozen and cut your bark into individual pieces, you can transfer the pieces in an airtight storage bag.
The frozen yogurt bark will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready for a snack, I recommend leaving it out for 5-10 minutes to let the yogurt soften up a bit before diving in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about this healthy dessert recipe:
Does yogurt stick to parchment paper?
No! We line our baking sheet with parchment paper before pouring the yogurt mixture on top because yogurt does not stick to parchment paper. If you try pouring the yogurt mixture directly onto a baking sheet, it may wind up sticking to the sheet and being tough to cut apart in clean pieces.
What toppings should I add to yogurt bark?
You can add any toppings you like to your frozen yogurt bark. Some of my favorite choices include chopped fresh fruit, chopped nuts, chocolate chips, granola, shredded coconut, and chia seeds.
How long does it take yogurt to freeze?
I have found that I get the best results when I let my frozen yogurt bark sit in the freezer for 3 hours before cutting into it. This gives it enough time to firm up, without being too difficult to cut through.
Can regular yogurt be used?
Absolutely! Regular yogurt works as well. Normally I use Greek yogurt since it has more protein than regular yogurt and is extra creamy, but either will work.
More Frozen Dessert Ideas
If you liked this recipe, try these next:
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Bark
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp reduced sugar jelly (I used raspberry)
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.