This Slow Cooker Italian Red Pepper Chicken is simple, packed with flavor, and versatile. Serve it over pasta or rice, in a sandwich with melted cheese, layered on a pizza, or even scrambled into your morning eggs.
For a long time I have been making this Slow Cooker Tomato Balsamic Chicken dish on the regular to have for quick and easy weeknight dinners, but lately I have been looking to kick up the recipe a bit as I have been craving all things spicy. Red pepper flakes were a no-brainer, but I also want to deepen the flavor of the sauce with something new and decided red bell peppers were the perfect thing. With their sweet flavor, they balance out the red pepper flakes and black pepper.
Slow Cooker Italian Red Pepper Chicken
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 20 oz. canned diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 U red peppers, sliced
- 1 U sweet onion, sliced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes (or more, optional)
- 1 tsp. black pepper (more to taste)
- 1 tsp. salt
Add everything to the slow cooker and stir. Cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.