Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Chickpeas are healthy, Asian inspired meatless meal that can be made with items already in your pantry. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Chickpeas will soon be your favorite meatless meal made with a quick homemade, addictive sweet and spicy Asian sauce.
For a long time I have been a huge fan of anything sweet and spicy. I love the combination and it is especially delicious in Asian inspired meals like this Sweet and Spicy Chickpeas. It uses a quick homemade sauce made with soy sauce, brown sugar, Asian garlic chili paste, and ginger. It's a Korean style sauce that I use for stir-fries and marinade all the time. The chickpeas are cooked in this mixture in the slow cooker so that they are fully infused with the flavor of the sauce. Served with rice and some quickly cooked veggies and its a meal you will make over and over again.
Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Chickpeas
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 36 oz. canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 U onion, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or honey or agave)
- 1/4 cup Asian garlic chili paste
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, Asian chili paste, vegetable broth, garlic, and ginger.
Add the chickpeas and onion to the slow cooker. Pour in the sauce and stir. Cook on low for 4 hours.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.