videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Slow Cooker Sunday: Vegetarian Pozole
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 U poblano peppers, chopped (seeded if you don’t want it too spicy)
- 2 U jalapenos, seeded
- 1 lb tomatillos
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cilantro
- 4 U cloves garlic
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 60 oz canned hominy, drained
- 3 U zucchini, chopped
- In a blender combine the poblano peppers, jalapenos, tomatillos, cilantro, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper and 1 cup vegetable broth. Blend until smooth. Taste and make sure it is spicy (a little spicier than you like) and well seasoned. Add more jalapenos or poblanos if needed.
- Add to the slow cooker. Pour in remaining vegetable broth and hominy.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add the zucchini and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Serve in bowls and add your favorite garnishes I love mine with a crunchy baked tortilla, queso fresco, cabbage, and lots of lime juice.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.