This One Pan Blackened Cod, Sweet Potatoes, and Zucchini comes together in under 30 minutes and is full of flavor. Plus it's Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
After a long hard day, this is the perfect option for a quick and healthy dinner since it is ready in under thirty minutes and requires almost no clean-up. Plus it's really good for you! The secret to this recipe is the homemade blackening seasoning made from both sweet and smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, coriander, black pepper, and a touch of cayenne. You could also add a touch of brown sugar if you like a sweet and spicy flavor combination. This spice blend tastes amazing on just about anything, but it is especially delicious on fish.
The rest of the dish comes together in no time. The sweet potatoes are tossed in the blackening season and placed in the oven first since they take the longest to cook. Then the fish and zucchini are added in the last ten minutes to do their thing. Another bonus of this recipe is that is really versatile. You can make this dish with sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, butternut squash, or turnips as your starchy vegetable, use pretty much any fish, and then any quick cooking veggie you like. Asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, sugar snap peas, or kale would all be great.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
One Pan Blackened Cod, Sweet Potatoes, and Zucchini
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 U sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1.33 lbs. cod (whole piece or filets)
- 1 U zucchini, chopped
- 1 U summer squash, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together all the spices to create the blackening season. You could also use store-bought blackening seasoning if you prefer.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil and about half of the blackening seasoning. I like a lot of the seasoning but you may want to use less depending on how much spice you like.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Spread the potatoes on the baking sheet in one layer and place in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, push the sweet potatoes to one side of the baking sheet and add the fish, zucchini, and summer squash. Sprinkle with blackening seasoning. Return to oven and cook for 8-10 minutes until fish is flaky and cooked through.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.