As someone who tries to eat a lower carb diet most of the time, I am eternally grateful that I love eggs. Otherwise breakfast is challenging since low carb breakfast options can be hard to come by. With that said, I do get sick of eating my eggs the same way all the time and am always looking for new ways to make them a little more exciting. Since asparagus season just started, one way I like to do that is with this simple Asparagus, Mushroom, and Feta Frittata. It's easy, healthy, and packed with protein to keep you full all morning.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Asparagus, Mushroom, and Feta Frittata
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the asparagus, mushrooms, and green onions. Cook for 5-7 minutes until just tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, and milk. Add the vegetables and feta to the bottom of a prepared baking dish or pie plate. You can cook this as one large frittata, smaller individual frittatas (like in the picture), or even muffins. Pour the egg mixture over top and gently stir to combine.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until eggs are set and cooked through.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.