This simple Ground Turkey and Butternut Squash Skillet with Feta couldn't be easier and is really, really delicious. Sometimes the simplest combinations really do turn out the best. This meal started the way many meals do with me staring blankly into the fridge after getting home from a long day and needing something to eat immediately. Seeing some ground turkey and butternut squash I needed to use, I decided to start with those and then just added to the skillet as I went - some onion, some garlic, a red bell pepper, a bit of Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. And then since cheese makes everything better, some salty feta cheese, to finish things off.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Ground Turkey and Butternut Squash Skillet with Feta
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 U onion, chopped
- 1 U red pepper, diced
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (not drained)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reduced fat feta cheese (or mozzarella)
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the turkey and cook, breaking up the meat, for 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic, onion, and red pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes until onion begin to brown.
- Add the butternut squash, tomatoes, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Cover the skillet and cook until the butternut squash is tender, about 6-8 minutes. Add a touch of water or brown if anything begins to burn.
- Add the cheese and cover for 1-2 minutes until it melts.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.