Garlic Parmesan Shrimp are roasted with garlic, butter, and Italian seasoning for a 15 minute meal or appetizer worthy of a restaurant.
Garlic Parmesan Shrimp come together in just 15 minutes and pack in the delicious flavors or garlic, butter, Parmesan cheese, and Italian spices for a simple shrimp dish that that tastes amazing.
Am I the only one who can't think about shrimp without thinking about Forrest Gump. Every time I think about making it, this simultaneously runs through my mind - "You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's shrimp kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich..."
Well today we are going to add to the list of amazing shrimp dishes with this incredible roasted Garlic Parmesan Shrimp. Everything goes in the oven on a sheet pan and in less than 10 minutes, you have the most delicious shrimp dish packed with all the garlic, butter, and Parmesan flavors you love. This dish works warm and also works as a cold or room temperature dish with cocktail sauce or marinara. I make it for dinner all the time with garlic spagetti squash and a big salad and also serve it as an appetizer when we have friends over since shrimp is always a hige hit at parties and adding the Parmesan cheese makes it stand out from a traditional cold shrimp cocktail.
When making this Garlic Parmesan Shrimp, here are some things to consider:
- If you are buying frozen shrimp, make sure to fully defrost them before cooking. The best way to defrost frozen shrimp is to leave them in the fridge overnight to defrost. If you don't have time for that, you can place them in a bowl of cold water for 15 minutes or so. They should fully defrost in that time.
- To kick things up a bit, add a touch of red pepper flakes to the recipe as well. This adds a delicious bite to the shrimp.
- For a more complete meal, you can roast some vegetables with the shrimp as well. A quick cooking vegetable like asparagus or zucchini will cook in the same 6-8 minutes that the shrimp needs. For something heartier like broccoli or cauliflower, start the veggies first and add the shrimp in the last 6-8 minutes of cooking.
- Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. They are ready as soon as they are pink and opaque. Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the shrimp.
- Since Parmesan cheese is a main component in the recipe, make sure to use fresh Parmesan cheese for the best flavor. If you are following a Paleo or Whole30 diet, you can leave out the cheese.
- If you don't have Italian seasoning on hand, use a combination of oregano, dried basil, and either thyme or rosemary.
Looking for more healthy shrimp dishes?
- Shrimp Scampi Flatbread
- One Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Lemon and Broccoli Pasta with Shrimp
- Healthy Shrimp Boil Packets
- Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Slaw
- Chopped Shrimp Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
- More healthy shrimp recipes
Here are some of the products and tools I used to cook this Garlic Parmesan Shrimp.
- Baking sheet: There are so many options out there but I have been using this brand for years and find they hold up really well.
- Shrimp cleaner and deveiner: Truth be told I just clean my shrimp with my hands and a knife but I know a lot of people swear by these affordable shrimp cleaners.
- Italian seasoning: My personal preference is for the Italian spice grinders since I find them a little more flavorful than the traditional Italian spice blends. Grinding the spices before using them brings out extra flavor plus my family doesn't complain about the larger pieces sometimes found in normal spice blends.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the shrimp with the melted butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes until cooked through. Serve with fresh lemon juice.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.