This Healthy Slow Cooker Spicy Pulled Pork will quickly become one of your favorite recipes for a crowd.
Pulled pork is one of my favorite comfort foods and a dish I love to make during the summer to feed a crowd. Paired with some healthy slaw, corn on the cob, and watermelon slices - it's easily one of my favorite meals. Recently to mix things up, I have been making s spicy version of pulled pork instead using whole jalapenos. Adding them whole to the slow cooker will impart a subtle spicy flavor to the sauce without becoming overly spicy. Then if you love spice, like me, you can add some of the cooked jalapeno to your dish to kick up the heat. If you love smoke and spice, you could also use chipotle peppers in this recipe instead of the jalapenos but be careful because they pack a lot more heat.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Slow Cooker Spicy Pulled Pork
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3 lbs. lean pork tenderloin
- 1 U onion, quartered
- 4 U garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 U jalapenos, whole
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Mix together all of the spices and rub over the pork tenderloin. Add the onions, garlic, and whole jalapenos to the slow cooker. Place the pork on top.
- Mix together the barbecue sauce and chicken broth. Pour over the pork.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Shred with two forks and let pork rest in sauce for 30 minutes with the slow cooker open and on low for the sauce to thicken.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.