This easy Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables with balsamic vinegar, lemon, and Parmesan cheese and is ready in less than thirty minutes! Jump to Recipe
There is nothing better than an easy sheet pan meal on a busy night and this Italian Chicken and Veggies delivers. Made with lean chicken breast, broccoli, zucchini, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes all tossed in garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and Italian seasoning, this is a meal you will make over and over again.
With the cold weather and chilly nights, I have easy comfort food on the brain. You know, the ones that not only evoke warmth but that also are able to be made indoors. That's not to say you can't grill in the fall and winter — we do from time to time. But let's just say it takes a little more effort to do that and, well, we don't always have the effort in us to want to cook in the cold.
All that being said, sheet pan dishes are one of my go-tos (along with slow cooker meals) when I'm in a hurry and I want something hearty, nutritious, delicious, and warm. And that's where this Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Veggies comes into play. Made with pantry ingredients and easy-to-find produce, all you have to do is quickly dice, slice, sauce, and bake.
How do you make Italian Chicken and Veggies?
As I said before, making this dish really doesn't get any easier. First, I preheat the oven to get it nice and ready for when my sheet pan is ready to pop in the oven. Next, I cut up the veggies, then the chicken (this is important if you're using the same cutting board to prevent contamination from the chicken).
In a small bowl, I mix together the oil, vinegar, and spices. In a larger bowl, I put the diced chicken and veggies, then pour the oil and vinegar mixture over the top. I toss the chicken and veggies together with tongs, a large spoon, or I have been known to use my hands on occasion.
I take out my rimmed sheet pan, spray it with cooking spray, and then gently pour the chicken and veggie mixture out onto the pan, using my hands or a spoon to make sure it's in an even layer. I pop the whole thing in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are cooked but still crisp (not mushy, in essence).
Finally, I sprinkle the dish with Parmesan cheese and fresh lemon juice and serve.
Side Dish Ideas
This dish can be a meal in and of itself, but I do serve sides with it too.
- Roast up some more veggies on a separate sheet pan for a double dose of nutrition (and leftovers!). Roasted Brussels Sprouts are one of my go-tos.
- Make some creamy polenta to soak up all the delicious sauce from the chicken and vegetables.
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes are a low-carb side that goes well with just about any sheet pan meal. Serve it on the side or add it to a bowl and put your chicken and veggies on top for a filling, healthy meal.
- If you're looking for a veggie noodle alternative, consider cooking up some Spaghetti Squash. It's easy, tastes great, and will surely become your new faux-noodle-go-to.
- I'm a fan of roasting potatoes right alongside my other dishes that are roasting. Plus, if I'm already cutting up vegetables, why not add a couple of potatoes to the mix?
- This Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies also pairs well with white, brown, or cauliflower rice.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Honey Garlic Chicken and Asparagus
- Tuscan Chicken with Zucchini and Tomatoes
- Brown Sugar Chicken
How do you clean a dirty sheet pan?
There are actually quite a few ways to clean up a dirty sheet pan. You can put it in the dishwasher (if it's dishwasher safe, of course) or scrub it by hand with hot water and soap. Of course, there are always those sheet pans that are in such heavy rotation that no matter what you do, there's just not enough elbow grease to get off some stubborn, stuck-on, burned-on stains. In that case, I like to use the baking soda method for removing sheet pan stains.
Cleaning baking sheets with baking soda:
Lay your baking sheet somewhere it can lay flat for a while. Mix baking soda and hydrogen peroxide into a paste. (The ratio doesn't matter so much, just as long as you get a thickish paste to cover your baking sheet.)
Leave the pan soaking in the mixture for several hours. Then take it to the sink and scrub it with a sponge or soft-bristled dish brush. It should come right off and look (nearly) sparkling new! Follow up the baking soda scrub with another light cleaning with dish soap if you desire.
From prep to clean, sheet pan dishes have got you covered! How will you serve this delicious dish?
Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped (bite sized pieces)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 U zucchini, chopped
- 1 U summer squash, chopped
- 1 U red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (more to taste, leave out for Paleo, Whole30)
- 1 U lemon, juice
- Get IngredientsNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.