Baked oatmeal has been one of my favorite breakfasts and on cold mornings I can't think of anything better to make. It's hearty, filling, and packed with more richer flavors than an instant or quickly prepared bowl of oats. This version deepens the banana flavor by letting it caramelize on top and you could add any number of things to pack in even more flavor. Nuts, chocolate chips, more fruit, coconut, or nut butters would all be delicious.
Caramelized Baked Banana Oatmeal
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or preferred dairy)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 tbsp. flax seeds
- 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar (honey or maple syrup)
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 U Pinch of salt
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.