videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Sunday Slow Cooker: Chicken Cacciatore with Mushrooms
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 U onion, thinly sliced
- 2 U celery stalks with leaves, diced
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 14 oz. canned diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 U green pepper, chopped
- 4 U garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup red wine (or chicken broth)
- 1.5 tbsp. capers, drained
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 cup black olives (Whole30® approved brand with no additives)
- Add everything except the chicken and olives to the slow cooker. Stir together.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. During the last 30 minutes or cooking, add the black olives.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.