Egg mugs are a go to breakfast for me, especially if I am rushing in the morning. A couple of eggs, any leftover veggies in my fridge, and I can be out the door with a protein packed breakfast in just a couple of minutes. Normally I opt for eggs, veggies, and a touch of cheese but lately I have been tossing in some quinoa as well to keep me full longer. It is almost like a quicker version of these Quinoa Egg Muffins, which I absolutely love.
Quinoa Breakfast Egg Mug
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 U egg
- 1 U egg white
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Spray a mug or small bowl with cooking spray.
Whisk together the egg and egg white. Stir in everything else.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Cooking time may depend on your microwave.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.