Overnight oats are one of my go-to breakfasts and lately on mornings where I have a long run planned or a harder workout, I am loving this combination of oats, chia seeds, peanut butter, almond milk, and fruit. It is a little higher in calories/points than many overnight oats recipes I have used in the past, but it really provides the energy boost I need during a harder workout. Moreover, I have found I am not starving immediately after, which is a common problem when I have eggs or a lighter breakfast. You can use PB2 or regular nut butter in the recipe depending on your preferences, but PB2 is definitely a way to keep the calories lower. If you opt for regular nut butter, I would reduced it to just one tablespoon. This adds around 45 calories.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Overnight Peanut Butter & Honey Chia Oats
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (updated, I usually use 1 cup without problems but many people have had it turn out liquidy so start with 2/3 cup and add more if needed)
- 2 tbsp PB2 (divided)
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- Mix together the steel cut oats, chia seeds, almond milk, and 1 tbsp. powdered PB2. You can also use regular or reduced fat peanut butter, but I would use 1/2 tbsp. Mix in any fruit you are using as well.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight. Top with remaining prepared PB2 (or 1/2 tbsp. regular/reduced fat peanut butter) and honey.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.