I have never really met a hash I didn't like, but I usually favor the ones packed with fresh, seasonal veggies instead of meat heavy hashes. This Hippie Hash, inspired by a diner in Ann Arbor, is packed full of good-for-you veggies and couldn't be easier to make. Like any good hash, it starts with potatoes and onions that are cooked in olive oil with some garlic. Then we add the veggies - fresh zucchini, red peppers, and broccoli - but any veggies you have on hand would work. Everything is finished with a touch of red pepper flakes and plenty of salt and pepper. Depending on what you are in the mood for, you could add some fresh herbs. Bacon, sausage, and chicken are also all great additions as is a perfectly fried egg to toss on top.
Whole30 Hippie Hash
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U onion, sliced thin
- 2 lbs. red potatoes (use sweet potatoes for Paleo)
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 U zucchini, diced
- 2 U red peppers, diced
- 4 cups broccoli florets, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (more to taste)
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.