This low carb Creamy Cajun Chicken Spaghetti Squash has under 400 calories per serving and tastes every bit as indulgent as the restaurant version.
Cajun chicken pasta - it seriously has me drooling any time I see it on a menu. But with over 1500 calories at most restaurants, it's something that I have to reserve for rare indulgences and that's with only eating half.
Luckily it's easy to make a lower calorie and lower carb version at home using spaghetti squash, lots of veggies, lean chicken breast, and reduced fat cream cheese. Depending on how spicy you like things, you can add extra Cajun spice to pack in more flavor or add a couple of tablespoons of chipotles in adobo sauce. You can also use zucchini noodles, summer squash noodles, or any other veggie noodle since not everyone is a huge fan of spaghetti squash.
Looking for more spaghetti squash dishes? Try Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs with Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato Basil Spaghetti Squash with Sausage, or Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp and Asparagus.
Low Carb Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U spaghetti squash
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning, divided (or more)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 U red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 U green pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 U red onion, sliced thin
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced (or more)
- 14 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup scallions
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Prepare the spaghetti squash in the oven or microwave. To roast, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Spray with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet covered in foil. Bake for 45-60 minutes until tender. To microwave pierce the squash all over with a knife or fork. Cook each squash whole for 10-12 minutes until tender. Carefully cut in half and remove seeds. Scrape the squash away from the skin using a fork.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.