Lately I have been on a couscous kick. I think it's mainly due to really burning myself out on brown rice, which I eat all the time. I love the light fluffy texture of couscous and also that it cooks in about 5 minutes. One of my favorite dishes to make with couscous is this simple dish with roasted vegetables, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and feta cheese. You can use almost any combination of vegetables, but I recommend always using tomatoes since they add liquid to the dish and help flavor the couscous.
Roasted Vegetable Couscous
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 U summer squash, chopped
- 1 U zucchini, chopped
- 1 U red onion, chopped
- 1 U red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 U green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 U cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1.33 cups couscous
- 1.33 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 U lemon
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.