Sick and tired of the same breakfast dishes? This Breakfast Salad with Sausage is a hearty low carb and Whole30 friendly dish that will keep you full all morning.
If you have ever done a Whole30, you know that after about one week you never want to see another scrambled egg again. That's not to say you are completely off eggs - just that it is time to mix things up and this Whole30 Breakfast Salad is the perfect recipe to do just that. It's also Paleo and low carb. To be honest, I doubted just how delicious this salad could be - but it is seriously amazing. Sausage, hard boiled eggs, butternut squash, mushrooms, and avocado with just the right amount of lemon juice and cilantro to cut the richness.
For those making it ahead of time, I recommend adding the cherry tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, and lemon juice right before serving. This keeps everything bright and fresh. You can also substitute ground chicken, sliced grilled chicken, ground beef, or sliced steak for the sausage.
Meal Plan Members! If you are considering doing a Whole30, the meal planner is a great place to create your menu for the month. Simply turn off the meal plan suggestions and then use our Whole30 recipe index to save recipes to your queue and favorites. Then you can quickly build your own Whole30 meal plan and generate your shopping list. Take advantage of 25% of this week only!
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Whole30 Breakfast Salad with Sausage
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb. lean turkey sausage
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed (small pieces)
- 2 cups mushrooms, halved
- 4 U eggs, boiled and chopped
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 U avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 U lemons, juiced
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the sausage to the pan and cook until no longer pink. Depending on the sausage you are using and your preference, you can add sliced links, ground sausage, or roll the ground sausage into mini meatballs.Cook until fully cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Add the butternut squash and mushrooms. Cook for 8-10 minutes until tender, adding a touch of water if needed to prevent burning.
- Toss the sausage, butternut squash, and mushrooms with remaining ingredients. Season well with salt and pepper.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.