Sunday Slow Cooker: Ratatouille with Polenta Rounds
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups eggplant, cubed
- 2 U zucchini, cubed
- 1 U summer squash, chopped
- 1 U green pepper, chopped
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1.5 cups mushrooms
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 18 oz. prepared polenta tube
Add the olive oil, eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, bell peppers, onion, mushroom, garlic, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker. For a more traditional ratatouille layer the vegetables.
Cook on low for 4 hours.
When ready to serve, stir in the balsamic vinegar.
To make the polenta rounds, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and slice the polenta in 3/4 inch rounds. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a prepared baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.